Posts for tag: Hormone Imbalance
How your OBGYN specialist in San Dimas, CA, can help you
Hormones affect many of your body functions, and if they are out of balance, it can dramatically affect your body. Fortunately, your OBGYN doctor can help. Dr. Richard Anthony Williams of Williams Ob/Gyn & Associates in San Dimas, CA, offers a wide range of obstetrical and gynecological services, including hormonal imbalance treatments to help you.
Hormonal imbalances can be caused naturally, by going through puberty, becoming pregnant, or going through menopause. They can also be caused by medical problems or surgeries, including having a hysterectomy.
Some of the signs and symptoms of a hormonal imbalance include:
- Problems sleeping
- Gaining weight
- Gaining belly fat
- Lowered sex drive
- Lack of energy
- Depression or anxiety
Your OBGYN specialist will do some initial tests to determine your current hormone levels. Then your doctor will create an individualized treatment plan designed to get your hormones back in balance. Part of your treatment plan may include dietary changes, increased exercise, and possibly, hormone replacement therapy.
Hormone replacement therapy can include synthetic hormones, or bio-identical hormones. Bio-identical hormones are identical in structure to human hormones so they offer many advantages. Consider that bio-identical hormones:
- Have fewer side effects
- Are longer-lasting
- Create a steady stream of hormones in your blood
- Have an extensive record of research and testing
- Can increase bone density
- Don't increase your risk of a stroke, blood clots, or a heart attack
You deserve to feel your best, and hormonal imbalance treatments can help. To find out more about hormone imbalance treatments and other OBGYN services, call Dr. Richard Anthony Williams of Williams Ob/Gyn & Associates in San Dimas, CA, at (909) 599-8677.
A hormone imbalance is a result of various natural processes like puberty or menopause. You need to contact your San Dimas, CA, OBGYN, Dr. Richard Anthony Williams if you begin realizing certain abnormalities.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. How can you tell if there's a hormone imbalance?
Realizing you have a hormone imbalance can be difficult but vital.
If you are experiencing a hormone imbalance it may result in:
- weight gain
- low sex drive
- lack of energy
2. Can a hormone imbalance affect fertility?
Yes, a hormone imbalance may lead to infertility, but your San Dimas OBGYN can help answer questions and share different infertility treatments with you.
3. What kind of hormone problems may lead to infertility?
- Low thyroid function (hypothyroidism)
- High levels of male hormone (hyperprolactinemia)
- Low levels of progesterone (luteal phase defect)
4. What are infertility treatments?
- Fertility medications
- In vitro fertilization
- Intrauterine insemination
- Assisted reproductive technology
- Intrafallopian transfer
- Embryo adoption
5. What types of hormone therapy are there?
Everyone needs something different and reacts differently to the various hormone treatments. Your doctor will recommend the best therapy option for you.
There are several types of hormone therapies:
- Synthetic hormones
- Bioidentical hormones, which are made from plants, are metabolized more easily and have fewer side effects.
6. How does the doctor treat hormone imbalances?
Your doctor will assess your specific situation by testing your hormone levels. He will examine your hormone levels and based on the results, Dr. Williams will design a treatment plan for you.
Need a consultation?
Identifying you have a hormone imbalance is the first step. You shouldn't ignore serious symptoms. If you are interested in hormone imbalance treatments from Williams Ob/Gyn & Associates in San Dimas, CA, then call (909) 599-8677 for more information!