Your OBGYN can help you get your menopause symptoms under control.
Menopause is something that all women will go through, often occurring in their 40s or 50s. Of course, menopause is different for every woman. Some women will go through menopause without experiencing any real changes while other women may experience severe symptoms that affect wellbeing and quality of life. If you believe your symptoms are the result of menopause, our San Dimas, CA, OBGYN Dr. Richard Williams can provide counseling and treatment options to make this transition easier.
Symptoms of Menopause
Menopause marks the end of a woman’s reproductive years. A woman who hasn’t had her period for 12 months is considered menopausal. Since the body produces less of the reproductive hormones such as estrogen and progesterone this can cause a variety of symptoms including,
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes
- Headaches and migraines
- Hair loss or thinning hair
- Weak bones
- Memory problems
- Mood swings
- Insomnia and other sleep problems
- Vaginal dryness
- Reduced sex drive
Treating Menopause Symptoms
When you come into our San Dimas, CA, office for an evaluation it’s important that you discuss with our OBGYN all the symptoms you are experiencing so that we are able to tackle each one. After all, some treatment options will be more effective at treating certain symptoms than others. Most menopausal treatment plans include,
- Lifestyle changes: This includes everything from eating healthier and exercising more regularly to making sure that you are getting enough sleeping. This also includes finding outlets for managing stress (e.g. meditation; yoga).
- Counseling: We know that this transition can be challenging for some women and we can work with you to provide counseling and support during this new stage of life.
- Hormone replacement therapy: The symptoms you are experiencing are due to a decrease in the production of certain hormones. By introducing bioidentical forms of these hormones back into the body we can help balance out your hormone levels and alleviate common symptoms such as hot flashes and sleep disturbances.
- Other treatments: We also provide additional therapies and treatments to address other concerns you may have, from medications to manage osteoporosis to estrogen creams used to alleviate vaginal dryness.
If you are experiencing hot flashes, night sweats and sleep problems associated with menopause an OBGYN can provide you with the treatment and care you need. Call Williams OB/GYN & Associates in San Dimas, CA, today at (909) 599-8677.