It can be very difficult for a couple to have a child. It's hard on them emotionally and they often feel defeated but that's where Dr. Richard Anthony Williams comes in. Williams Ob/Gyn & Associates has several treatment options for infertility for his San Dimas, CA, patients.
What is infertility?
Infertility is the inability to conceive after one year of regular, unprotected sex and becomes even more difficult if the woman is over the age of 35 or because pregnant women can't sustain the pregnancy. A third of infertility cases originate with the man, another third from the woman and the last third from both partners.
Reasons for Male Infertility
- low sperm count
- sperm damage
- untreated sexually transmitted infections
- certain medications, like spironolactone
- medical treatments that lead to sperm abnormalities
Reasons for Female Infertility
- problems within the ovaries or uterus, like endometriosis or uterine fibroids
- over the age of 35
Fertility Options from your San Dimas OBGYN
There are many treatments available. Here are some steps
- Basic screening: physical exams, sperm studies, ovulation tests and ultrasounds.
- After analysis of these tests, Dr. Williams may recommend several treatment options:
- increasing sexual activity is perceived to be a healthy activity by the immune system that learns sperm, foreign body, isn't a threat and therefore anything that results from sexual activity, a fetus, isn't a threat as well, according to the Reproductive Resource Center Kansas City IVF.
- medication, like Clomiphene citrate, stimulates the growth of an ovarian follicle containing an egg.
- surgery or assisted conception may be carried out by fertility specialists (in vitro fertilization and the use of donor eggs).
Need a consultation?
Interested in Infertility treatments from Dr. Richard Anthony Williams of Williams Ob/Gyn & Associates? Contact his San Dimas, CA, office today at (909) 599-8677
for more information.