A hormone imbalance is a result of various natural processes like puberty or menopause. You need to contact your San Dimas, CA, OBGYN, Dr. Richard Anthony Williams if you begin realizing certain abnormalities.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
1. How can you tell if there's a hormone imbalance?
Realizing you have a hormone imbalance can be difficult but vital.
If you are experiencing a hormone imbalance it may result in:
- weight gain
- low sex drive
- lack of energy
2. Can a hormone imbalance affect fertility?
Yes, a hormone imbalance may lead to infertility, but your San Dimas OBGYN can help answer questions and share different infertility treatments with you.
3. What kind of hormone problems may lead to infertility?
- Low thyroid function (hypothyroidism)
- High levels of male hormone (hyperprolactinemia)
- Low levels of progesterone (luteal phase defect)
4. What are infertility treatments?
- Fertility medications
- In vitro fertilization
- Intrauterine insemination
- Assisted reproductive technology
- Intrafallopian transfer
- Embryo adoption
5. What types of hormone therapy are there?
Everyone needs something different and reacts differently to the various hormone treatments. Your doctor will recommend the best therapy option for you.
There are several types of hormone therapies:
- Synthetic hormones
- Bioidentical hormones, which are made from plants, are metabolized more easily and have fewer side effects.
6. How does the doctor treat hormone imbalances?
Your doctor will assess your specific situation by testing your hormone levels. He will examine your hormone levels and based on the results, Dr. Williams will design a treatment plan for you.
Need a consultation?
Identifying you have a hormone imbalance is the first step. You shouldn't ignore serious symptoms. If you are interested in hormone imbalance treatments from Williams Ob/Gyn & Associates in San Dimas, CA, then call (909) 599-8677 for more information!